The MSF Core Team are pleased to announce a redesigned Standard Observer Log, incorporating real-world usage and feedback from observers and reviewers of the 62 Documented Swims that were submitted to MSF in 2020.
Changes and new features include:
- Taller rows – more space for larger handwriting.
- Portrait orientation rather than landscape (easier to handle on a moving boat).
- Four separate columns for water temp, air temp, wind speed, wind direction, rather than two.
- Removed latitude/longitude column – redundant since GPS tracking data are already required for Documented Swims.
- Prompt for units on temperature and wind speed.
- A separate page of instructions, aimed at first-time observers.
We hope this redesign makes swim documenting more accessible to new observers, and makes life a bit easier for experienced observers.
Download the official PDF documents here: